Medical coding requires diligence and expertise, regardless of setting. Both inpatient and outpatient coding involve much more than simply matching specific diagnoses to specific codes. Coders must review abstract information and make educated decisions to ensure accurate coding.
In an inpatient setting, data and treatment in a hospital environment often move at a fast pace. Clinical staff can't wait for records to be coded and passed to each discipline. And hospitals can't afford coding slipups that lead to further issues such as patient treatment errors and incorrect claims billing.
In an outpatient setting, coders may need to determine whether a definitive diagnosis, a symptom, or both should be coded. Coders must also understand how to sequence codes to place primary diagnoses in top positions—a critical consideration for billing purposes.
Inpatient Partnership Coding Solution
KIWI-TEK’s inpatient coding solution is designed to enhance your patient care and revenue cycle by providing fast, thorough coding services. AAPC and AHIMA certified coders undergo rigorous testing before receiving work from your facility. Because we only work with coders who are highly trained to review medical records and code properly, you gain the following benefits:
- Comprehensive coding that abstracts information from the medical record and converts it to standard data for use in communication and claims billing
- Responsive ICD-10 coding for utmost compliance
- Coding operations that align with all rules and regulations
- Timely updates of coding changes from federal agencies
- Coding management fully integrated with reimbursement
Accuracy Is a Top Priority
Our top priority is providing service that helps drive the success of your facility—delivering accurate coding to reduce compliance risks and bolster cash flow and revenue cycles. Every coder in our network is required to maintain an accuracy rate of 95 percent or more. And we review all coder work through a proven quality assurance process to deliver highly accurate coding across all disciplines. KIWI-TEK supervisors and leadership also review the entire coding process on a regular basis to ensure compliance with HIPAA and other regulations.
Customized Coding Choices
KIWI-TEK partners with facilities to create customized Partnership Coding packages aligned with the goals, budgets and needs of each organization. Select from contracted services for PRN or Partnership Coding by our experienced expert domestic coders. Our staff works with you to understand your needs and recommend the best combination of coding services.
Inpatient coding staff will:
- Apply appropriate ICD-9 or ICD-10 procedural and diagnostic codes to your medical records
- Sequence codes to ensure primary diagnoses are listed first
- Code coexisting and subsequent diagnoses as treatment occurs, including chronic diseases, generalized conditions, post-surgery statuses and abnormal findings with clinical significance
KIWI-TEK’s inpatient coding services support your facility processes from admission to billing. With a concentration on accuracy, compliance and efficiency, our coders help your facility meet a range of clinical and revenue-based goals. Contact us today to find out how inpatient hospital coding services can assist your organization.
Outpatient Partnership Coding Solution
The complexity of outpatient coding—and the numerous regulatory updates inherent in the process—makes managing coding procedures tedious for many physician practices, clinics and ambulatory surgery centers. Outpatient facilities often don't have the time to maintain comprehensive coding processes, and often lack the expert coding knowledge to do so. That's where our outpatient coding services come in.
Regardless of location or medical specialty, our experts deliver precise coding to enhance your clinical and administrative processes. KIWI-TEK outpatient coding professionals must meet or exceed a 95 percent accuracy rate. What’s more, we only work with personnel that have passed testing requirements from either the AAPC or AHIMA. KIWI-TEK also provides reviews of the coding process to ensure you are protected from HIPAA compliance risks.
Services That Fit Your Needs
Our medical coding services are customizable to meet the needs of your organization. From guaranteed 48-hour turnaround times to program customization, KIWI-TEK lets you conform to budgets while maintaining operational goals.Some benefits of outsourcing your outpatient coding include:
- Constant access to experienced coders for 24-hour coverage
- Reduction or removal of coding backlogs
- Drop in denials and claims resubmissions
KIWI-TEK Specialists Understand Healthcare
Our coding specialists understand the complexities of today’s healthcare environment. That is why we offer a partnership coding solution that addresses your clinical and financial challenges. Services and benefits include:
- Confidentiality and compliance to protect your facility and your patients
- Efficient, accurate inpatient and outpatient coding services
- Revenue cycle support through comprehensive coding to promote optimal reimbursement.
- Six-step quality assurance process to ensure trusted third-party partnership
For more information about how our quality coding services can help your organization, contact us today.